Argh! where have all my stacks gone?

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Thu Jan 16 19:23:01 EST 2003

David,

Sorry to hear about your data loss. Here's the best I can make of it. On
Windows, RR will sometimes delete files on a build. Here are the
circumstances around such an event.

1) You have already done a build before for THAT application
2) The folder still exists
3) The .exe file which used to be in the folder DOES NOT exist
3) Sometimes, RR kills all the files in it's own directory when the above
are true.

Here's what I suggest. Use my AutoArchive plugin:
http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/RunRev/Plugins.htm

It'll create an 'archive' folder and autoincrement each time you save. In
*case* you lose your main file...all the incremental versions will still be
in the archive folder. This has saved my a** a couple of times.

After testing your built app either 1) leave it in the folder or 2) delete
the whole folder.

Hope this helps!

best,

Chipp