Need Script Debugger Tutorial

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jan 16 06:16:01 EST 2003

I have tried to search the usual sources, but I have not found a
detailed description of the way the Script Debugger works in 1.1.1.
For example, what do the 'run', 'trace', 'step into' and 'step over'
buttons do - the last two seem to do the same thing, which is to
execute the highlighted line of script. What do the other buttons and
pull-downs do - I have not found out what the pull-down lists are
for, for example. Why do some steps not get shown, as in some repeat
loops, etc?

What I'm trying to do is to trace the path thro a quite long program
in the most intelligent way possible - I already know from a thread
of last October that there is no path trace as such. I feel that if I
knew everything the Script Debugger can do, I'd be in a better
position to work on my scripting problems.

I'd be glad to find I'd missed a tutorial on debugging - if anyone
knows of one, please say.

TIA

Graham