Introduction

Wed Jan 15 14:53:00 EST 2003

Hello everyone!

I am not a revolution user yet, but I plan to change that soon.  I'm
a firm believer in community, so I thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Steve Riggins and I am a Macintosh Software Geek.  My
career has spanned many years of multimedia development, including 6
years at The Voyager Company working on titles such as the Voyager
VideoStack, Beethoven's 9th and Poetry in Motion.

Most of these titles were written in HyperCard or Director.  I have
written hundreds of externals, from videodisc drivers to implementing
Apple's balloon help system (ok so not all of them were great ideas)

I write applications in C++, C, Objective-C, etc, but I have always
enjoyed using meta tools such as HyperCard the most, as they allow me
to sit around the fire so to speak with artists and authors and
create an interactive experience.

 From shipping the only titles to use videodisc, to the first titles
to use redbook audio via a CD-ROM drive, to road pizza QuickTime
movies, I've enjoyed the experiences that meta tools bring.

It is my hope to apply my skills to a tool like Revolution and be
able to help this community in any way I can.  I look forward to
meeting you over time, sharing our experiences and helping each other
create new, exciting software.

Sincerely,

Steve