default folder graphic ?

DVGlasgow at aol.com DVGlasgow at aol.com
Tue Jan 14 10:28:01 EST 2003

In a message dated 14/1/03 3:08:06 pm, Mark Swindell writes:

>It worked fine as a photoshop gif on my computer at home with a nearly
>identical HD setup.  I changed it into a jpg with GraphicConverter, so
>it's
>definitely a fresh jpg.  Curious thing.  I don't think it could be corrupt,
>and it does display fine with the full path as the only variable I can
>discern.

I use lots of jpgs and had a terrible time with a version of GraphicConverter
above 4.0 but below 4.4.  It coverted into JPGs that were either bizarrely
corrupt- would not display in any Windows software, but would open in GC and
Clarisworks but not Photoshop, or were greyscale even when the original was
colour.  On Windows, when you tried to open the image, an error dialog poped
up claiming it was already in use!

Shifting to the latest version of GC made it all go away.

Doesn't sound exactly what you've got, but you never know.

Best wishes,

David Glasgow