Message Path Anomalies (Use/Improve Rev XPost)

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sun Jan 12 13:09:01 EST 2003

Hi All,

Dave McKee sent me a stack demonstrating the message path anomalies
he reported to the Use Rev List (Re: Puzzled by Behavior):

<<<<<  The delete card message goes to whatever the previously opened window
was, be it the "substack1" or THE MESSAGE BOX !!!  AND NOT to the "Main"
stack   >>>>>>>

My testing verified the behavior Dave described: I watched the
Application Overview showing one of its own cards being deleted each
time I clicked on "Delete" in one session.  Usually it was the single
card in the substack that got deleted.

I scripted workaround handlers to solve Dave's problems (in the stack
& "Delete" button scripts); but I believe this stack demonstrates a
flaw in the message path.  I posted the stack for download for others
to test.

If you would like to check it out:
<http://www.oenolog.com/runrev/DavesMessageBug.htm>
--