eSellerate external

kee nethery kee at kagi.com
Sat Jan 11 04:09:02 EST 2003

On Thursday, January 9, 2003, at 11:13 PM, sims wrote:

> At 21:58 -0800 1/9/03, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>> curry wrote:
>>  > Having Rev hook up with Kagi would be excellent too.
>>
>> Could it be scripted?
>
> I like this idea!
>
> This sounds very interesting - especially with Kee being
> on this list. I suppose that part of having Kagi built-in
> to a Rev app would be the functionality of the
> Register app - this would mean printing bar codes unless
> Kagi has plans on dropping bar code use in the near future.
>
> Any comments on what is needed Kee?

I'd like to write it but ... I know I have limited time. There are
several skills needed to do this and if someone wants to do the code in
script so that it works with any platform, I'd be willing to fund it.

HTTP communications (port 80, not SSL) and public key encryption (math
with large numbers) (I've typically done this with text manipulation
such that I can deal with huge numbers)
or
HTTPS communications

XML (which is really trivial to do, even without a runrev parser)
printing
creating graphics that can be printed (ie, do not rely upon bar code
fonts that will most likely not be installed instead, just create the
bar code as a graphic and then display the graphic, bar codes are not
difficult to construct)

Or perhaps this is a group project that needs a coordinator?

Basically, our replacement to the old register app for Mac OS is now
functional. It needs polishing to be used in real life and it needs
good docs but it is the right time for a rev module to be written and
it ought to be possible to write it in script.

I'd like to have it happen and either it's a team effort or one of you
gets hired to do it.

Any thoughts?

kee