use-revolution digest, Vol 1 #1013 - 15 msgs

Steve Messimer steve at messimercomputing.com
Fri Jan 10 20:05:01 EST 2003

on 1/10/03 4:40 PM, use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com at
use-revolution-request at lists.runrev.com wrote:

> What happens if you set the destroyStack to true before closing the stack?
>
> Also, what is the benefit of having a plug-in listed in the Plugins menu if
> it cannot be run?
Richard,

Yes, this works!

Now as for the reason:

The plugin is intended for use with a particular rev stack and not for use
with any other rev stack.  If the user has the right target stack in memory
then h/s gets access to the tools provided with the plugin.  If the
aforementioned stack isn't in memory the plugin won't launch and access to
the tools is denied.

The reason it is visible in the plug-ins folder is that authorized users may
have a need to invoke its resources under certain circumstances.
Unauthorized users may copy the plugin but it won't work.

Yes, I am being a bit vague.  Sorry. :-)

Thanks for for the tip.

Regards,

Steve

Stephen R. Messimer