text encoding q, problems with networked folder and IDE

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Tue Jan 7 17:16:01 EST 2003

On Tuesday, January 7, 2003, at 02:27  PM, Dar Scott wrote:
> OK.  I'll be more serious.  I'm doing the same thing and I don't have
> a problem.  It is so fast, I keep checking whether I'm in the right
> folder.

Yes, I am very pleased with how fast Rev saves large projects. And the
project file sizes seem to grow at a conservative rate. That combined
with Altuit's revArchive plugin makes me a happy camper.

Another product I was using, name withheld, had very slow saving and
seemingly endless growth in project file size.

> I'm using the built-in home-directory sharing that comes with Jag.  I
> think I upgraded to 10.2.3 before doing this.

Same here

> Oh, wait.  This is an alpha copy of Revolution, so judge accordingly.

OK thanks that's good to know. I am supposing this is fixed in 2.0 but
haven't verified.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at ARCplanning.com
alrice at swcp.com