Timeout with call to unix shell

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Mon Jan 6 23:59:44 EST 2003

I don't know the answer to your timeout problem but I can think of a
workaround. AppleScript's do shell script allows you to put the
requisite password in the script. How about asking for the password in
your Revolution script and then adding it to the AppleScript command
yourself rather than needing any further user interaction.

Note: do shell script also has a parameter to set whether the action
needs administrator access. Maybe that is part of the problem. Get the
script working from the AppleScript editor first, then transfer it to
Revolution.

Cheers,
Sarah