2 more menubar questions

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 3 02:01:01 EST 2003

--- Mark Swindell <mdswindell at charter.net> wrote:
> Thanks for the responses, Howard and Jan.
>
> I knew there would be a simple explanation, and
> figured it would turn out to
> be user dumbness, and sure enough.  I hate it when
> that happens. I had at
> some point grouped my two main bg graphics within a
> larger group while the
> Mac menu was in effect, and though I placed it above
> the top of the window
> for Mac, it was 4 pixels too low for Windows when
> that menu config was
> displayed.  So when I selected the grouped controls
> and moved the graphics
> up, the group boundary cut them off, leaving 4
> pixels of the card layer
> exposed.
>
> I will try your tip re setting the default menus,
> though.  That is still a
> bit of a puzzle.
>
> Otra vez, gracias,
> Mark

Hi Mark,

After sleeping on it, I may have another solution for
you, but it may or may not be applicable, depending on
the setup of your stack.
Downside of rebuilding the menus the way I described
in my earlier response, is that you need to have the
same basic menu-structure accross menubars.

An alternative scheme is based on the fact that you
can make 2 stacks act as if they're one and the same,
by going from one to another in the same window.
  go card 3 of stack "bar" in window of this stack
This rearranges the menubar but makes it look like you
didn't switch stacks at all, as the transition happens
seamlessly.

So instead of having cards with different menubars in
one and the same stack, you could have mutiple stacks
with the same width, height, etc. and setup their own
menubars.
Disadvantage of this approach is that you may have to
move around snippets of the stack script into those
other stacks (or move them off into a library stack
and then 'start using' it).

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====