Import Referenced control??

MFitz53 at cs.com MFitz53 at cs.com
Thu Jan 2 20:22:01 EST 2003

I'm making a little slideshow app to put on a cd with a collection of photos.
Before I can go any further with this, I have a little problem that I need to
deal with. Just to see if I could get the pictures to show up, I scripted the
field containg all of the titles as follows.

on mouseUp
  put the value of the clickLine into photoToShow
put the cphotoFolderPath of this stack into folderPath--(set in answer folder
btn script)
import paint from file folderPath& "/"&photoToShow
wait 10 seconds
hide image photoToShow
send "choose browse tool "to me in 5 ticks
end mouseup

At the time I did not realize that this is the same as "Import as Control"
from the file menu, so I very quickly slowed my stack to a crawl from
accumulating a few rather large image files.

 Is there a way to do this by scripting in a referenced control?

thanks,
mike