Underlined characters in button label?

Cubist at aol.com Cubist at aol.com
Thu Jan 2 07:14:01 EST 2003

sez sarahr at genesearch.com.au:
>I too have ben trying to apply different formats to various characters
>of a button name or label but not succeeding. ...
>The possible solutions suggested so far are:
>- use an image instead
>- use a font with special characters
>Neither of these are any good for me as I want the font & size
>user-selectable, so I'm still hoping for some other wonderful
>suggestions.
   Hide the button's name, and put a cute li'l locked text field on top of
said button. Do it right, and the field will *look like* it's the button's
name, plus you can do whatever you like with the size, style, etc, of
individual characters. There may or may not be problems with clicking on the
field as compared to clicking on the button itself; experimentation is your
friend.

   Hope this helps...