Combo-box/popup menu in a list field?

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Thu Feb 27 11:58:01 EST 2003

on 2/25/03 7:15 AM, Jeanne A. E. DeVoto wrote

> At 3:34 AM -0800 2/21/03, Ben Rubinstein wrote:
>> Jeanne - I think this is an area which could be better covered in the docs,
>> specifically the entry in the transcript dictionary for the 'popup' command.
>> It explains how to popup either a button menu or stack - but doesn't tell
>> you where the result of the user's selection ends up.
>
> I'll take a look at this. (You mean just a mention of the menuPick or
> mouseDown message being sent to the menu button or stack, right?)

Right.

It sounds obvious when you say it.  But in the absence of that, there's no
reason to think that 'the result' of the popup command won't be something
useful; or to know which message will be relevant.

You might also discuss what happens to statements following the popup
command in the original handler.

thanks for list-ening,

  Ben Rubinstein               |  Email: benr_mc at cogapp.com
  Cognitive Applications Ltd   |  Phone: +44 (0)1273-821600
  http://www.cogapp.com        |  Fax  : +44 (0)1273-728866