Rough day on the Revolution front

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Tue Feb 25 13:10:00 EST 2003

on 23/2/03 9:55 pm, Ken Norris (dialup) wrote

> I have a 128mb CF card in the PCMCIA slot as a formatted volume assigned to
> Virtual Memory, which gives it 116mb useable VM. I've heard the transfer
> rates of those things are pokey.

I don't know how this helps (I don't think it does!) but using CompactFlash
for VM is horrible.  Flash memory is fast to read, but s-l-o-w to write.
You might actually do better to use the hard disk for VM (and if necessary
move stuff like the Rev docs to Flash if that helps makes space).

  Ben Rubinstein               |  Email: benr_mc at cogapp.com
  Cognitive Applications Ltd   |  Phone: +44 (0)1273-821600
  http://www.cogapp.com        |  Fax  : +44 (0)1273-728866