Combo-box/popup menu in a list field?

valetia at mac.com valetia at mac.com
Fri Feb 21 07:36:01 EST 2003

Hi Ben,

Your method sounds exactly like what I had actually tried to accomplish
(display a popup at a specific location per line).

However, I did run into a problem (still unsolved) that perhaps you know the
answer to.

It's also why I had posted an earlier message (to which there have not been
any replies) regarding the strange behavior of clickChunk with list fields.

Here's what I had posted in that earlier message:

"When the listBehavior of a field is set to true, it seems the clickChunk
returns the hilitedLine instead...(could this be a bug?)

"How do you get the "actual" clickChunk then?"

So a related question would be, with the method you just described, do you
use the clickChunk to determine the location of the click, or something
else?

> Note that, AFAIK, there's no way for the handler which issues the 'popup'
> command to get the results of the popup, without cooperation from the menu
> button.  IE if you have to script the menu button (in a 'menupick' handler)
> to either know what it should do, or send the message on to the field or
> wherever else you're handling things.

Right. Now...how then should I get the popup button to know which line I'm
activating the popup from?

Valetia