Dealing with the dictionary

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Fri Feb 14 03:48:01 EST 2003

First, it doesn't free up the memory because Revolution doesn't
actually close a stack when you close it. It remains in memory. This
can be changed by setting the destroyStack of the stack to true.

Second, you can export the docs to a text file, to HTML, or to RTF, and
then refer to that. There's an exporter stack on the User Contributions
page.

On Thursday, February 13, 2003, at 07:22 PM, Ken Norris (dialup) wrote:

> Anyway, I was hoping to get the docs (or at least the dictionary) off
> into
> another machine more or less dedicated to them. I'd rather have them
> that
> way anyway, so they don't interfere with what I'm doing on the screen,
> i.e.,
> I can read them at the same time I'm working on a stack without having
> open and close, move, windowshade, docs stacks. I have one with, um,
> 64mb I
> think. Can I make the docs into standalones? Would the memory penalty
> be any
> better than running it from Rev?

regards,

Geoff Canyon