Why... is the selected text deselected?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Feb 20 10:49:01 EST 2003

On 2/20/03 12:18 AM, Alex Rice wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestion. I know I can select the text with a handler
> if necessary. I just have a lot of cards and want to *maintain the
> selection in the first place* :-)

Okay, if I understand it right, you have a field that you only want to
display on one card. You want its text selection to be persistent.

If that is the case, you do not need to group the field or assign
backgroundbehavior to it. It is just a card field. All you need to do is
make sure it is a list field. Non-list fields will not maintain their
selection.

If you can't make it a list field for some reason, then you will have to
track the selection and reset it each time the card opens, probably in a
preOpenCard handler.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com