Esellerate

Alex Rice alrice at ARCplanning.com
Wed Feb 19 12:28:01 EST 2003

On Wednesday, February 19, 2003, at 03:54  AM, Wolfgang M. Bereuter
wrote:
> I would like tho see shareit to. Because they support a lot of
> currencies and languages. What I have not seen from any other
> shareware distributor. What they have to do for "suporting rev"?

Someone needs to write Rev code, or a Rev external, to connect with the
eSellerate licensing server via SSL.

> Maybe I m ignorant, but I would like to put my password stack
> "anywhere" (on their or my server so that the client gets the password
> imediatly when he purchases and I a get the message about the order.
> Has anybody here such a stack?
> Or knows where I can find one...?
>
> Or do I need another solution for that. How sure can I bee, that I
> there are not builded any password without a message to me when its on
> their (any shareware distributor) server..?
> Thanks in advance for infos...

If I understand your question, but eSellerate has many different
licensing schemes you can use. From generating your own license keys
ahead of time in a list, or using auto-generated passwords of various
types. Just looking at the Serial Number management screen for
eSellerate, they list the types "Standard, Armadillo, Custom, Custom
with application supplied data, Prompted, Pre-generated, and
Application Generated". So however you want to do your licensing, they
can probably accommodate it.

Alex Rice, Software Developer
alrice at ARCplanning.com
alrice at swcp.com