Frozen card

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Mon Feb 17 00:07:01 EST 2003

My current project just wigged out under Rev 1.1.1. Suddenly, one card
(not one I'd been working on) causes a freeze whenever I try to go to it.
It doesn't matter if it's via the normal button to get there or simply
typing "Go to card 5" in the msg box. Instant freezo.

I'm not sending it into Rev Support because, fortunately, the Rev 2.0
pre-beta handles this card with no problems. In fact, I've found the
pre-beta, for the stuff I've done so far, to be remarkably stable. I love
the fact that it can read this stack without a hiccup, where as Rev 1.1.1
dies.

I've ended up doing some development in this version and would love to
continue. Unfortunately, some of the property inspectors (most notably
the field inspector) aren't done yet.

However, once these are in place (a recent message from the team implied
that they're all but done, and just need to be integrated into the
release), I think this will be a very robust environmemt.

I won't be sorry to see the random crashes and freezes I've encountered
under 1.1.1 go away. Looking forward to 2.0 with great expectations.

Regards,

Howard Bornstein