Resetting a scrolled field from another cd

switchedon at hsj.com switchedon at hsj.com
Mon Feb 10 22:30:01 EST 2003

I'm trying to reset a scrolling field to the top. When I'm on the card
containing the field I can scroll down using the mouse then run this line
from the message box...

  set the vscroll of fld "instructions text" to 0

...and, viola!, the field is scrolled to the top. If I try this from another
card as follows...

  set the vscroll of fld "instructions text" on cd "instructions" to 0

...the field refuses to reset to the top. What am I doing wrong?

In HyperCard I believe the line...

  put "" before fld "instructions text"

...would reset the fld but that doesn't seem to work either.

Any suggestions?

Cheers... Bill Lynn