Distribution builder alters stack window size?

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Feb 4 04:45:01 EST 2003

On Mon, 3 Feb 2003 12:19:38 -0500  Howard Bornstein
<bornstein at designeq.com> wrote:

>I've recently run into this same problem. The distribution builder is
>supposed to create systems that are platform aware. So that on a PC, the
>stack is enlarged to show the menus at the top of the window, but on a
>Mac, the same stack is shrunk to hide the menus since they appear in the
>menu bar.
>
>For some reason, on my last build, it didn't seem to work very well. My
>Windows stack had the bottom of the stack cut off (but the Mac stack was
>ok).
>
>So, I decided to simply control this stuff myself. It's very easy.
>
>Within the On Openstack handler:
>
>if the platform = "win32" then -- adjust the stack to the size you want
>for Windows
>   set the height of this stack to [whatever you need]
>else -- Now handle the Mac platform
>   set the height of this stack to [the appropriate Mac height]
>end if
>
>Note that in my case, I'm only developing for Mac or PC so my little
>check doesn't take into account the Unix platform.

Thanks Howard, my requirements are the same as yours (no Unix) so
I'll copy what you're doing. This does seem to be a bug - only some
of my builds are affected, and I can't work out what I've changed
between the ones that work and the ones that don't work... maybe it
will all go away in version 2.0 but in this instance I can't wait to
find out.

Anyway very useful tip.

Graham