Cut,Copy,Paste menus

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Sun Feb 2 21:59:01 EST 2003

>Or, are you saying separated the 2, cosmetically
>enabling/disabling the menus and actully doing the ccp another way?

Yes, why not (admittedly I didn't spend a lot of time with your previous
emails. I just responded to your last one). Because you have a fairly
complex set of circumstances regarding when to enable or disable the
menus, just do that independently from the command-key stuff (otherwise
it gets *really* complicated, as you saw).

If you use the command-key code separately, you handle the keyboard
actions without having to worry at all about the menu status. If your
users do use the menus, you're already taking care of that. It seems to
me they function well together and eliminate a complex programming
problem.

Again, I haven't followed your discussion in detail so there may be some
downside I'm not considering.

Regards,

Howard Bornstein