Line tracing

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sat Feb 1 17:39:01 EST 2003

erik hansen wrote:

>>> Richard Gaskin has this nifty AppleTalk
>>> application he wrote to make
>>> the conversion painlessly. You just have to
>>> drag the document onto
>>> the icon and presto, PC to Mac conversion. I
>>> can send it to you off
>>> line if you can't find it on his web site--I
>>> am assuming it that is
>>> alright with Richard???
>>
>> Absolutely, Jim.  Thanks for helping to spread
>> it around where it can be useful.
>
> shouldn't the RunRev people
> (when they get some time)
> have "this nifty AppleTalk application"
> installed on their site?

It wouldn't be their doing -- I'd have to send it to them first. :)

They have a great tools repository at
<http://www.RunRev.com/revolution/developers/developerdownloads/usercontribu
tions.html> and are quick about posting new submissions.

I just hadn't thought of uploading it there.  All I did was find a snippet
off the Web and modified it for the Rev type code, and then compiled it to a
droplet:

on open theList
    tell application "Finder"
        set selectionLength to number of items of selection
        if selectionLength = 0 then
            say "Nothing is [[emph +]] selected."
        else
            --  first change all the files selected
            set the creator type of every file of selection to "Revo"
            set the file type of every file of selection to "RSTK"
        end if
    end tell
end open

While this works great in OS 9 it fails in OS X, providing the "Nothing is
selected" feedback.

Hopoefully one of you AppleScript gurus can explain:  Why would the method
by which I'm obtaining the file list work perfectly in Classic but not in OS
X?

--
 Richard Gaskin
 Fourth World Media Corporation