Hair Pulling Time

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Dec 31 13:14:49 EST 2003

On 12/31/03 1:56 AM, Scott Rossi wrote:

> Can anyone explain to me why the following script works from the message box
> and not from a mouseUp handler in a button in the same stack?
>
>   choose select tool
>   drag from topleft of img "wdm" to bottomright of img "wdm"
>
> Rev returns a useless compiling error that reads:
>
> Type    Function: missing '('
> Object  Button 1
> Line
> Hint
>
> I assume there must be some bug occurring here?  At this point I need to
> join the Hair Club for Men.

I know you've already found a workaround, but the error message makes me
wonder if the problem is just in the syntax; i.e., the functions are
lacking either the parentheses or the requisite "the". In other words,
either of these might also work:

drag from the topleft of img "wdm" to the bottomright of img "wdm"
drag from topleft(img "wdm") to bottomright(img "wdm")

I didn't exactly test this, because when I ran your sample script I
didn't get any errors. Do you have some non-standard scripts inserted
somewhere?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com