XP GIF display oddities

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Dec 31 13:08:54 EST 2003

On 12/31/03 8:02 AM, DVGlasgow at aol.com wrote:

> He reports that  some GIfs are displayed oddly.  Some  simple line drawings I
> made appear faint, and standard icon id 321 (the 'no entry' sign) is
> displayed in yellow rather than red.  They display OK on Win < XP and Mac =< 9.
>
> I'm baffled.
>
> Any suggestions?

The usual reasons for inconsistent graphics displays are either that the
monitor is set to display too few colors, or the graphics card driver is
out of date. Installing the latest driver for the card is usually
recommended.

If those things don't work, you could try creating your gifs with a
different graphics program. On the Mac, at least, I have noticed that
the files created with Photoshop and those created with Graphic
Converter display differently in Rev; in particular, Photoshop gifs
don't produce reliable transparency when brought into Rev, where GC's do.

> (Happy Hogmanay)

You just threw this in to confuse us, right? ;)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com