PDF library

DVGlasgow at aol.com DVGlasgow at aol.com
Wed Dec 31 12:51:30 EST 2003

In a message dated 31/12/03 5:03:21 PM, JB writes:

>Last but not least, the need to purchase a license from Adobe
>when building an app generating PDF code has been mentioned
>(by me and confirmed by someone else) a few weeks ago on
>this list. Does it apply also in case of a 100% free and open source
>library for Rev ?

Now I know nothing about this except what James Walker said about it re his
PrintToPDF thingy. <A HREF="http://www.jwwalker.com/">http://www.jwwalker.com/
</A>

"Am I In Trouble?
Several people have written to ask me whether I have heard from Adobe lawyers.
The answer is no, and I don’t expect to. Adobe published the specifications
for PDF,
and there are many other non-Adobe programs that create or manipulate PDF
files."

PrintToPDF has been around for a long time, so I think if there was a
problem, it would have been apparent by now.

Best wishes,

David Glasgow

Forensic Psychology Software and Services <A
HREF="http://members.aol.com/dvglasgow/i-psych/i_Psych.htm">i-Psych</A>