PDF library

jbv jbv.silences at Club-Internet.fr
Wed Dec 31 05:17:23 EST 2003

Hi there,

As said in a recent post, next month I might start working
on a project that will include on-the-fly generation of online
PDF docs.
A couple of list members asked me privately if I had a PDF
library to share...
After these requests (and a recent public thread about PDF
in Rev) I'm wondering if this could be a good opportunity
to work on such a library for Rev (instead of using specific
tools & strategies each time I have to include PDF docs in a
Rev project).

So may I ask everyone to let me know what kind of features
they'd like to see in such a library (off-list or publicly if you
think this topic is worth a public discussion) ?
I remember ppl asking for a straight translation of stacks into
PDF. That's an option, of course, but many other applications
can be imaginated (like automatic generation of bizness graphics
from data in a container)...

Last but not least, the need to purchase a license from Adobe
when building an app generating PDF code has been mentioned
(by me and confirmed by someone else) a few weeks ago on
this list. Does it apply also in case of a 100% free and open source
library for Rev ?

Thanks in advance.

And all the best for 2004.
JB