Where Can I Find Details On PlugIns?

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Sun Dec 28 09:54:52 EST 2003

Hi All,

I'm in the process of designing & testing a SDB Tools plugIn for
developers, and I'm having problems understanding how this should be
done.

I see in the Rev Dictionary and Examples plugIn where the plugIn can
receive special messages (eg: revCloseStack, revPreOpenStack, etc.;
but no revOpenStack); but so far as I can tell, my plugIn is
receiving closeStack and preOpenStack, etc....so why are these
additional messages necessary, how are they used, and why no
revOpenStack?

I also note that if Rev is closed and I start it by double-clicking
on a stack in my development folder that also exists in the Rev
PlugIn folder, revPreferences is opened instead of my stack.  Is this
normal?

What is the proper procedure for developing and testing plugIn stacks?

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company
http://www.oenolog.net/who.htm