[OT] PowerPoint art by David Byrne

Mark Brownell gizmotron at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 27 23:31:56 EST 2003

On Saturday, December 27, 2003, at 08:14  PM, erik hansen wrote:

> it is a poor workman who blames his tools.
>
> Erik

... and it is an even poorer workman that blames his materials. When I
was carpenter I once heard a journeyman tell an apprentice "he needs to
be smarter than the wood." While listening to another person trying to
get hired I overheard him to say "We are not very good but we're slow."
My personal favorite is "it would have been cheaper just to pay you to
sit in your truck." One of my employees once told me that he was
entitled to make four or five mistakes per day. I responded with "Do
you mean that if you don't make any mistakes in a day then I owe them
to you?" Appropriately that guy moved on to become a lawyer.

Mark