System requirements on OS X?

Alex Rice alex at mindlube.com
Sat Dec 27 06:41:18 EST 2003

I built a graphics test stack as a standalone. It just has 6 copies of
1 animated gif image "imported as control". When I run the standalone:

OS X Activity Monitor reports 30-50% of CPU and 60MB "Real Memory"
used. Windows 2K Task Manager reports 10-18% of CPU and 8MB "Mem
Usage".

The Windows machine is an old laptop, and the Mac is a dual-G4
workstation with  quartz extreme and 1GM of RAM. The Mac is *way* more
powerful than the laptop!!

Is this typical of what others are seeing, or is there something I can
do on OS X to ease up the system requirements?

Alex Rice <alex at mindlube.com> | Mindlube Software |
<http://mindlube.com>