Save a copy...

Thomas J McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Sat Dec 27 06:06:28 EST 2003

Mark,

Opening or keeping open the copy is actually normal behavior for most
applications. What you want is a 'make backup' but 'keep original
open'. An easy way to accomplish this is to accept the 'copy' as the
original with a higher number or something.
Like: mystack01.rev and today's save will be mystack02.rev (making
mystack01 the backup) and a major change in the stack will be
mystack03.rev.(making mystack01 and mystack02 the backups)
This way the newest number is always the one you are working on.

Or better yet you can use altTools and use the archive button to
achieve a blind/hidden backup so that today's stack is still
mystack01.rev and so is tomorrows etc. then in an archive folder at the
root of the original you will have mystack0100001.rev.

altTools just recently saved my proverbial 'stack' when something I did
caused my entire stack to get corrupted. I opened the archive and only
lost an hours work. instead of months of work.

FWIW

Tom