Special Effects went away on XP

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Tue Dec 23 15:57:30 EST 2003

On 12/23/03 12:31 PM, "Dar Scott" <dsc at swcp.com> wrote:

> I had thought special effects "scroll right" and "scroll left" were
> working on my XP system, but now they are not.  I am not sure whether I
> misremember or what.
>
> For these effects the card switches to the next card--the image is
> displayed--and then the scroll of the new card is seen over the new
> card.  It should be over the old card.
>
> This might be a bug, but I suspect I might have done something dumb.
>
> What might be happening to my effects?

Maybe your stack is relying on QuickTime.  Set the dontUseQTEffects to true
(and possibly the dontUseQT to true if you don't need it).  Unfortunately,
the transitions won't be as nice, but that's the only workaround for Windows
at this point (this has been bug reported).

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design