Post , UrlDecode and Ampersand

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami katir at hindu.org
Sun Dec 21 13:01:09 EST 2003

On Dec 21, 2003, at 3:35 AM, Dave Cragg wrote:

> The "correct" way

exactly what we're looking for....

> is to only urlEncode the field names and values and not the ampersands
> and "=" which separate them.

Is that what a regular browser does?

And Ken wrote:

> Sannyasin... Why don't you do the split *before* you urlDecode? This
> way you
> won't have to worry about the ampersands, and all you'll have to do is
> urlDecode the element you're trying to retrieve from the tDataIn array.
>
> Works here for me...

mmm. I was just following some examples that I found, which followed
neither of  your good suggestions. And since I really don't know much
about it, I just assumed they were OK... How much software gets done
that way?! ;-)

Thanks,

  I'll take Dave's suggestion and then that would allow implementing
yours.

over and out on this one...

Sannyasin Sivakatirswami
Himalayan Academy Publications