intercept stack opening event in Windows

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Fri Dec 19 11:01:44 EST 2003

> I'm interested in not just detecting a document that caused the
> application to launch (e.g. user clicks on document which causes stand
> alone application to launch and process file) - I believe you can
> detect this by checking the $1 global parameter although haven't had
> any experience doing this myself.

True; here's a link for more info:

http://www.sonsothunder.com/devres/revolution/revolution.htm?_file004

> I'm also interest in detecting
> subsequent document open events, e.g. if user clicks on additional docs
> associated with the stand alone, how can I detect an intercept these
> events?

The hard part is that under Windows, clicking on another document will
launch another instance of your standalone. Now you might be able to have
each instance, when it launches, check the list of currently running
processes and if there's another instance of your app already running, hand
off responsibility to it (via DDE, socket comm, or other inter-app comm),
and then quit.

Just my $0.02,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software