Remembering Build Properties

Sarah Reichelt sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Mon Dec 15 22:26:01 EST 2003

>> Does anyone have any workarounds or ideas for getting around the fact
>> that the distribution builder forgets all its settings each time you
>> build your project?
>
> In my experience, in 2.1.2, the Distribution Builder doesn't forget
> it's settings. In the DB use File | Save or choose "Save" when you
> close the DB stack window.
>
> There have been Saving problems in earlier versions of the DB. Maybe
> that's what you are running into?
>
> That said, I have totally given up and stopped using the "Save As..."
> feature of DB where you can save your build settings out to another
> stack file. It is buggy and error prone.
I haven't found this at all. I use "Save Distribution as.." to keep a
copy of the settings for each project and just open the right config
file when it is time to build. The only problem is that sometimes the
DB window shrinks after loading a config file, so I can't see the
buttons at the bottom. In this case, open the Message Box, make sure
the DB is the current stack and type "set the height of this window to
390".

Cheers,
Sarah
sarahr at genesearch.com.au