Animating multiple gifs

Graham Samuel graham.samuel at wanadoo.fr
Sun Dec 14 05:40:01 EST 2003

On Sat, 13 Dec 2003 23:12:15 +0200, Ryno Swart <swartart at iafrica.com> wrote:

>------------
>Hi folks,
>
>Here is a very basic question. I built a small animated gif, and placed
>it in a stack in three positions. How do I make them run together?
>
>I found Klaus' "Taming of the Animated Gif" with 'set the repeatcount
>of img "dancer" to 1', but this only animates one of the three "dancer"
>images. I realise that I can redo the animation featuring a group of 3
>figures, but there must be a better way...

If there are three different images (presumably created via 'duplicate' or
copy and paste), then you just set their individual repeatCounts to -1
(either in the IDE or via script) and they all animate. (Remember that
after a duplicate or copy and paste action, they will all have the same
name but they will all have different IDs - personally I think it's a good
idea to give them all unique names via the Object Inspector, so that
referring to each one is unambiguous). If you've really only got one image,
and the others are showing through a transparent button via the 'set as
icon' mechanism, then all three will animate at once. This makes your stack
a wee bit smaller and makes the script simpler, provided you really do want
to keep them in sync. There is some kind of bug in the engine in relation
to 'set as icon' (which I'm struggling with at the moment with the RunRev
team's help), but i don't think you'll see it in such a simple setup.

HTH

Graham