menus on the Mac

Chris Sheffield revlist at cableone.net
Thu Dec 11 14:03:27 EST 2003

I know this topic has probably been dealt with before, but I'm having a big
problem and am wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

I'm working on an app for Mac and Windows, and dealing with the menu bar
differences between the two has been a nightmare.  First of all, on the Mac,
is there any way to keep the engine from shifting all my controls up
automatically and resizing my stack window as it places the menu bar at the
top of the screen?  For some odd reason, this is causing some weird
invisible bar at the bottom of my window that is covering up some custom
buttons that I've created.  So about my buttons look like they're about
halfway cutoff, even though there is plenty of room to display them fully.

Secondly, if I try to resize my window through code, I still have to deal
with the problem of all my graphics being shifted up by the height of the
missing menu bar.  Is there an easy way to deal with that?  Also, I can't
seem to set the height of my stack in a preOpenStack handler.  It only works
if I do it in the openStack handler, which looks terrible because then you
see the stack resizing.

Does anyone have any ideas?  I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,

Chris Sheffield
Software Development
Read Naturally