Newbie - Timers and Send

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Tue Dec 9 02:41:57 EST 2003

On Tuesday, December 9, 2003, at 12:26 AM, Stephen King wrote:

> I have used this method as well, but found that it didn't work too
> well for
> short time increments, in 10's of mSec as the Send message will only
> accept
> integer values of mSec. So I went to the system clock instead.
> Dynamically adjusting the Send delay worked Ok for me on longer delays
> though.

That seems reasonable.  Another approach is to get there early and wait
for the time.

Another approach for timers is to make the display look as good as it
can (based on the clock), but do the real timing some other way.  That
is, the display might update often, but the display at the event that
stops the clock is exact.  Well, close to it.

Dar scott