ask password

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Mon Dec 8 15:21:57 EST 2003

>If I use the ask password command without the "clear" option, how can I
>decrypt what the user enters?

Hi Chris,

AFIK, one can't decrypt the response:

Rather one sets a password by asking the user to enter it and verify
if by entering it again.  The application then stores the encrypted
response and compares it to the user's response the next time a
password is required.

All the Transcript engine wants you to know is that the same
keystrokes will always generate the same encryption.
--

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company