Request info on "request"

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Sun Dec 7 13:17:59 EST 2003

In the documentation under "request" there are the following two examples:

request "the hilite of button 3" from program "HyperCard"
request field "Appname" from program "Ozone:Geek Paradise:FileMaker"

I have tried multiple variation of each with no results.

I have a button 3 in an open Hypercard stack.

The following produces only "x" in the message box.

request "the hilite of button 3" from program "HyperCard"
put "x" && it

The second example suggest that I can import the contents of open
FileMaker files. Is that correct?

Jim