Trace keyword/property

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 5 10:07:00 EST 2003

--- Thomas J McGrath III <3mcgrath at adelphia.net>
wrote:
> Can anyone check on this for me?
> I have a possible problem in my stack and am trying
> to track it down.
> The problem is either in the preopenstack or
> openstack handers and I
> can't get the debugger to start from launch of my
> development stack.
>
> I type in trace in the Transcript language
> dictionary and get seven
> items:
> traceAbort
> traceBreak
> traceDelay
> traceDone
> traceError
> traceReturn
> traceStack
>
> When I click on any of the first five the Rev
> dictionary "locks" up and
> nothing is displayed. If I click filter with it
> resets and I can try
> another but only the last two have worked for me.
>
> Q: In SC I could type trace at anyplace in my
> project and the trace
> debugger would pop up at that point. Is this
> possible in REV?
>
> Thanks
> Tom

Hi Tom,

The 'trace' messages are internal messages and
functions used by the debugger -- so unless your name
is MisterX and you're writing a replacement script
editor, this probably isn't what you're looking for
;-)

If you want to interrupt a script in order to debug
it, either use the script editor to place a breakpoint
at the right line by clicking just to the left of it ;
or insert the command 'breakpoint' manually.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

=====