Benefits or problem splash screen

Thomas J McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Fri Dec 5 10:04:35 EST 2003

Hello all,

I created a stack with a lot of substacks and NOW decided that I will
need a splash screen before the Main stack loads.

I have two questions:
Q1: Is there a limit or problem with too many substacks in a mainstack?
If so what is a safe number to work with?

Q2: Since I can't have my mainstack with substacks become a substack of
another mainstack I created a new mainstack for the splash screen and
after a timed animation I then open the MAIN mainstack and close the
splash screen stack - remove from memory. Is this a safe way to do
this? Are there any problems or benefits from doing it this way?

Since I decided after all of this work to add the splash screen I
couldn't just make it the mainstack. I was worried about memory issues
and about cross platform issues.

Q3: When Building the standalone how would I deal with these two
stacks? Should they be separate builds? If not How/What should I do
about it. Should I use the "Files for inclusion" in DB? How will that
affect the MAIN mainstack? What about the "Make mainstack" in DB? How
will that affect my MAIN main stack?

Thanks,

Tom

Macintosh PowerBook G-4 OSX 10.3.1, OS 9.2.2, 1.25 GHz, 512MB RAM, Rev
2.1.2

Advanced Media Group
Thomas J McGrath III	• 2003 •	3mcgrath at adelphia.net
220 Drake Road, Bethel Park, PA 15102