Clone stack doesn't clone the substack(s) within it!

Sarah sarahr at genesearch.com.au
Wed Dec 3 17:30:03 EST 2003

I don't see this is a bug, rather a confusion arising from the
distinction between a stack and a stack file. A stack file
"MyStack.rev" can contain numerous stacks: one main-stack and any
number of sub-stacks. A stack "MyStack" is just one component of that
file.

If you clone "MyStack", you will get a copy of "MyStack" - not a copy
of "MyStack.rev" - therefore it will not contain the sub-stacks.

I would suggest that you write your own clone routine that clones the
main-stack and then loops through each of the sub-stacks, cloning them
and setting their mainStack property to the newly cloned main-stack.

Cheers,
Sarah