listing files in a directory folder and subfolders and copy

Björnke von Gierke bvg at mac.com
Tue Dec 2 10:50:02 EST 2003

You need to make a directory walker. You have to loop trough all the
folders and set the defaultfolder to it, then loop trough these folders
etc. Watch out for the .. directory on macosx and unix systems, it
might trap you in a infinite loop.

for example:
--WARNING script untested
on lookateachfolder thefolder --thefolder is a path
   set the defaultfolder to thefolder
   repeat for each line theLine in the folders
     if char one of theLine <> "." then
       set the defaultfolder to theLine
       --do your file listing here using "the files"
       lookateachfolder (the defaultfolder & "/" & theLine) --for
folders in this folder
     end if
   end repeat
end lookateachfolder