How do I create an unreferenced image?

Graham Samuel livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Dec 1 19:09:05 EST 2003

> On  Mon, 01 Dec 2003 23:37:06 +0100, Wilhelm Sanke
> <sanke at hrz.uni-kassel.de>

>> Hello Graham,
>>
>>> Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 20:39:55 +0000
>>> From: Graham Samuel <livfoss at blueyonder.co.uk>
>>> Subject: How do I create an unreferenced image?
>>>
>>> My question is, how does the IDE do this trick of embedding and
>>> getting rid of the external reference? I would like to create such
>>> images myself by scripting, but I don't see how. Sorry if this is
>>> obvious.
>> -----------
>> Yep, it's pretty simple as far as the command goes.
>>
>> Look up "import" in the Transport Dictionary.
>>
>> [...]

>> Ken and Graham,
>
> Lots of things to consider, aren't they?
>
> Excuse me, RR folks, if I mention this again: Besides a number of
> really
> good improvements unfortunately there is a whole bunch of
> mis-improvements of Revolution vs. Metacard.
>
> In the Metacard IDE, when you import an image file, first thing you get
> is a dialog with a checkbutton "Link Only". If you uncheck this button,
> the image will be embedded.
>
> So my recommendation is: Switch to the Metacard IDE for a moment and
> then - if you like - go back to Revolution.

Interesting point, Wilhelm, but I wanted to do this while my app was
running, not in the IDE - the two Kens have now both pointed me at the
'import' command, so all is well, once I've worked out how to name the
image after it's imported (don't worry, I'm sure that this is trivial
although it's not mentioned in the documentation for 'import' - I guess
I just have to find the last numbered image and change its name).

Thanks all

Graham