Fast method of setting textStyle

Barry Levine themacguy at macosx.com
Sun Aug 31 21:03:00 EDT 2003

I have a field on every card of a stack. The text in that field is
different on each card. Some words I want to have a textStyle of link.
There is no programmatic method of doing this as the text in each
card's field is so different. However, I found a method of doing this
quickly (more quickly than using the menus). I know I can't be the
first to discover this but it's so easy that I felt I should post it
for others.

Type the following into the message box:

set the textStyle of the mouseChunk to link

Don't press Enter or Return yet. With the cursor active in the msg box,
move your mouse over the word (in the field) that needs to be a link,
then press the Enter key. Keep clicking your mouse in the msg box,
moving your mouse over the next word, and pressing Enter. Each time the
word under the pointer will be transformed to a link

The mouseChunk returns the char or chars that make up the word sitting
under the mouse pointer and leaves off the spaces or punctuation
surrounding the word.

BTW - You can combine the textStyle params. In my case, I used:

set the textStyle of the mouseChunk to link, bold

Every day I am more impressed with how cool Rev is and how much power
it gives me.

Bwah-hah-hah-hah-hah!

Barry

Barry Jay Levine
"The Mac Guy"

Macintosh Troubleshooting, System Engineering, Training,
AppleShare/OSX Server Setup, System Upgrades and Enhancements,
Custom Programming for Mac/Windows/Linux/Solaris

On-Site service for K20, Business, Consumer

Phone/VoiceMail: 915-581-1105
             Fax: 915-581-8167
           eMail: themacguy at macosx.com