HyperCard and Revolution stacks

Dale Pond dalesvp at qwest.net
Sun Aug 31 14:18:00 EDT 2003

Mark Brownell wrote:

> Not to be contrary I will share an interest of mine that exposes a
> kind of weakness. I once set out to find a weakness in the game of
> Roulette and I found it. I tried to explain it and prove its existence
> using computer games and simulations. I also went on to share it. I
> learned that trying to communicate this interest I had ended up being
> far more difficult than creating the computer simulations that showed
> its existence. So I gave up on sharing it. If I ever have the time to
> go further with it I will set out to prove it with an AI simulation
> that proves it and explains step by step what took place. Proving that
> there is a weakness in distributions among multiple events on a
> Roulette table over 300 separate spins is not easy to explain. Doing
> it and making it learnable and known is my far off flat earth quest or
> dream. I wish to pursue this just to see the mouths drop. This has
> been sitting right in front of gamblers all along but they just don't
> see it.
>
> Ah that I had more time to play...

Pursuing one's love in life is what we should all be doing more of.
Punching a clock so to earn money to give to some one else does not
sound like much fun. I tried it and didn't like it. Mark, if you have
the roulette thingie figured out why not use it to get yourself some
more play time? I'd like to hear about it (off list if need be) as I'm
convinced there are no accidents and no chaos anywhere in the universe.
We only lack the understanding of universal principles and laws. Which
is what I'm really into - what ACTUALLY makes things work as opposed to
someone's opinion how they work.

--
Life, Light, Love and Laughter,
Dale Pond