How to I get clickItem?

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Sun Aug 31 13:07:01 EDT 2003

I have a field in which the itemDelimiter is numToChar(255) instead of
return. This allows me to have items with multiple paragraphs in the
same item.

I can retrieve specific items in the form:
	set the itemDelimiter to numToChar(255)
	put item 3 of field "fTest"

How can I get the item number when a user clicks on the field? The
clickLine correctly returns the line number but that doesn't tell me
what item it is. What I want is a clickItem function which doesn't
exist (or at least I can't find it).

The other thing I've tried without success is to group the text (set
textStyle to link). I can get the grouped text fine this way from a
click but I can't get the item position.

My goal for this is to have a field with data that is structured. The
user clicks on the item to edit the contents in another field(s) and
replaced when the editing is done. I can't do that if I don't know
which item was selected.

Bill Vlahos