use-revolution digest, Vol 1 #1847 - 16 msgs

Dan Shafer dan at shafermedia.com
Sun Aug 31 01:12:00 EDT 2003

On Saturday, August 30, 2003, at 08:57 PM, Troy wrote:

> 1)       Is it possible to access the Windows API (and the equivalent
> on
> other O/S's) from within Revolution?

Not trivial as I understand it. There are some intriguing workaround
ideas but the APIs themselves are not, as I understand it, accessible
directly from Revolution.
> 2)       As part of an application we're trying to develop, we would
> need a text field with word processor-like features.
No way to get this in the current release. I've been distressed over
this any number of times. You can do some of the stuff on your list
easily, some not easily, but a good bit of it (e.g., specific alignment
of individual paragraphs) not at all.

Dan Shafer, Revolutionary
Author of forthcoming 3-book set,
"Revolution: Programming at the Speed of Thought"
http://www.revolutionpros.com for More Info