CODE and XFCN resources

Ron rbarber at yhb.att.ne.jp
Fri Aug 29 20:18:00 EDT 2003

Hi

I've had a friend compile some code for me that works fine as an external.
He made it a CODE resource with id 1200. That resource runs in both OS 9 and
X. However, in OS 9 I added the Valentina vxcmd, also with CODE res id 1200.
To accomodate this I renumbered the other CODE and it now refuses to run.

In the xfcn/cmd world, renumbering res id did not usually result in
problems. Is it different for CODE res? How does one add more than one CODE
res on OS 9? Should I have it recompiled as an xfcn or as a CODE res with a
different id?

Obviously, I'm ignorant in this area and would appreciate some
enlightenment.

Thanks
Ron